Motion to Modify or Establish Orders Document Preparation

You may want to ask the court to change a previous court judgment or prior order, such as child support or custody, due to a change in your life circumstances. In that case, you will need to file a motion with the court called a Motion to Modify. To be successful, you must be able to show that there has been a “substantial change in circumstances,” since the last court order.


Changes in circumstances that may allow you to file a Motion to Modify include:

  • A substantial change in income for either party, which can impact child or spousal support.
  • A change in a parent’s schedule or where a parent lives, which may require a change in visitation.
  • A change in the ability of one parent to be fully involved in the life of the child, which may require a change in a child custody arrangement.

If you are considering filing a Motion to Modify, LegalDoc-prep can save you up to 90% of an attorney’s fees to prepare the paperwork you need. From start to finish, we can both prepare the documents, as well as guide you through the legal process quickly and painlessly. We are always available to answer your questions and provide exceptional guidance. You may need to show evidence of your income, expenses, assets, work history, age, education and health, among other data. We will help you make the best possible case for your situation.

If you are seeking expert Motion to Modify or Establish Orders document preparation, please contact LegalDoc-prep at: 415-505-3986 or email