Child And Spousal Support

Child support is the amount of money that a court orders a parent or both the parents to pay every month to help pay for their child’s (or children’s) expenses.

Child support may be requested by either parent or the legal guardian. Depending on the situation, there are different ways to request for child support orders. For instance, parents can also ask for child support as part of another family law case like a divorce. If the child’s parents aren’t married, it’s necessary to establish paternity before requesting child support.

To request child support in Sacramento, you need to file child support documents. This is where our child support document preparation services can help.

After a divorce, the court may order one spouse to financially support the child through monthly payments. In California, spouses can request for temporary alimony, permanent alimony, or both. The court assesses the facts and evidence at the time the order is made to determine the amount and duration of support.

The LegalDoc-Prep team can assist you with spousal support document preparation to help you navigate the process with ease.

LegalDoc-Prep (LD-P) is not a law office and cannot represent you in court. We provide document preparation services at your specific direction and pursuant to; Business & Professional Code Sec. 6400. Services provided by (LD-P) are not a substitute for the advice of a lawyer. If you require legal advice contact an attorney; Sacramento Cnty Lawyer Referral at:

All information and contents found within this website has been derived from approved and sanctioned literature found on the California Association of Legal Document Assistants website. For more information please visit