You can only file a motion to modify an order or judgment for parental rights or divorce if there is a “substantial change in circumstances” that supports your claim.

Several factors qualify as a substantial change in circumstances since the court order, including:

  • A change in financial circumstances
  • Parents’ physical and mental health
  • Their relation with one another
  • Anything that disrupts the current custody or parenting plan

One or both parents may request modifications of the parenting agreement. They must file papers with the court asking for a change (“modification”) of the custody and visitation order, and present grounds for modification.

You must also fill forms and prepare a parenting plan for the new custody and visitation arrangement. That’s where we come in.

We help with motions to modify or establish orders document preparation in Sacramento, so you can easily navigate the process from the initial filing to the final judgment.

Get in touch with us today for more information.

LegalDoc-Prep (LD-P) is not a law office and cannot represent you in court. We provide document preparation services at your specific direction and pursuant to; Business & Professional Code Sec. 6400. Services provided by (LD-P) are not a substitute for the advice of a lawyer. If you require legal advice contact an attorney; Sacramento Cnty Lawyer Referral at:

All information and contents found within this website has been derived from approved and sanctioned literature found on the California Association of Legal Document Assistants website. For more information please visit